Have you started creating your 2015 summer bucket list yet? Whether you are creating one just for yourself, for you and a significant other, or you and your kiddos, a bucket list is a super fun way to pack as much fun into your summer as possible. The weather here in Massachusetts is cold and rainy today so it is not really putting us in the mood for summer planning. So to help inspire us, I have put together a list of Netflix summer bucket list movies. From the silly to the sappy, every movie on this list will get you psyched up and searching for the Coppertone in no time! Enjoy! XO
For the grown-up set:
- Dirty Dancing
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – OK, not about summer but talk about someone making the most of a day off.
- Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp – Set to release in July of 2015 you will have to wait a bit for what Netflix describes as ” a hilarious prequel to the 2001 cult classic.” Add it to your Watch List now so you won’t forget!
- Stand By Me
- Top Gun – I don’t know if this is technically a “summer” movie but there are guys playing volleyball in the sand with their shirts off.
- Wicked Tuna – If this show about the big tuna fishermen of Gloucester, MA, doesn’t make you want to grab a fishing pole, I don’t know what will! My family’s favorite part? Guessing how much they will get per pound for their latest catch.
For kiddos and families:
- The Endless Summer
- The Teen Beach Movie
- Camp Rock 1 AND 2 – Mini movie marathon anyone?
- High School Musical 2
- Open Season 2 AND 3
- The Sandlot 2
- Charlotte’s Web
- The Perfect Game
What movies would you add to this list? MEGA bonus points if they are available on Netflix!
Disclosure: Netflix has provided me with products and services in exchange for participation in their #StreamTeam program. While the topic is suggested by Netflix, the content is honest and straight from the heart, like all of the posts on this blog.