Blogging is a lot of fun but it also a lot of work so unless you have unlimited time and funds you might want to consider monetizing your blog. I think many bloggers feel kind of icky about using their blog to make money or they think that their blog isn’t big enough to help them make money. I am going to share with you my favorite ways to use your blog to increase your income without having to sell your soul!
Here are my top five fave easy ways to monetize your blog:
1. ProsperAds– I have always had Google Ads on my blog (another great option) but I recently discovered ProsperAds. I like the look of their ads and apparently my readers do to because I am getting lots of clicks on them! I have only had them on the blog for a couple of weeks and I have already seen more clicks on ProsperAds than I have for my Google Ads since January 1.
2. Viglink– I cannot say enough great things about Viglink! They keep track all of all my current affiliate links to make sure I am getting the highest pay out that is available. Depending on your settings, they will also convert your links into affiliate links for you in case you forget or just don’t want to take them time. I have seen a huge jump in my affiliate sales because of Viglink. And you can tweak your settings whatever way you want but I have my Viglink account set up:
3. Izea– The easiest way to put your social media (and your blog) to work for you. Izea offers three different plans with different options. I recommend starting with the $1 a month plan. It will pay for itself. Brands list various opportunities for bloggers on Izea from Instagram posts, tweets, to Facebook statuses and blog posts. I have not been super impressed by the blog post opps so far but I am loving the social media campaigns. SO easy! This one is a no-brainer.
4. Sverve– Not only is Sverve a great way to share posts and network with other bloggers, they also offer some pretty cool campaigns including sponsored post and affiliate opps, “Targeted Tweets,” “Pinterest Sweepstakes,” and YouTube promotion. While I haven’t gotten as many opps through Sverve as I have through other sites, they have been some of my favorite. Definitely quality over quantity!
5. BoostInsider– Similar to Izea, BoostInsider lets you leverage your social media accounts (including Tumblr and LinkedIn, as well as all of the usuals like Facebook) to earn money. They pay per click. You will be amazed at how fast those little clicks add up.
What are your favorite ways to monetize your blog? Any networks that I need to know about? XO, ellie
Disclosure: This post contains referral links. Thank you for your support!