Thanks to shows like “House of Cards” and “Orange is the New Black,” you are probably familiar with at least some of Netflix’s original programming (if not, swing over and check out my top 11 to add to your queue today). But did you know that Hulu is now offering an awesome lineup of original programming as well? I have to give my husband the credit for this amazing discovery. One night he said he had a new show for us to try out. He said that it was called “Moone Boy” and that it looked pretty funny. That night we discovered our favorite new series about Sean Martin, a tween boy growing up in Ireland in the 80s and his best pal Sean (played by the lovable Chris O’Dowd) who just happens to be imaginary. Like most shows on Hulu, you will find that all or some of each series is available for free. To watch these series in their entirety, and with fewer and shorter ads, spring for the $7.99 a month and upgrade to Hulu Plus. It is totally worth it and one of the many reasons why we were able to ditch cable.
Five Hulu Original Shows You Need to Start Watching ASAP
1. Moone Boy (2 seasons, 12 episodes so far)- See above for the scoop on this one. Ohhhh, I could not love it more!
2. Behind the Mask (2 seasons, 20 episodes so far)- This documentary follows four mascots at every level of sports. You will get a behind-the-scences look at their lives and their roles as mascots. My nine year-old has watched this series from start to finish at least twice.
3. Deadbeat (2 seasons, 23 episodes so far)- The main character of this comedy, Kevin Pacalioglu, is a bit of a loser but he can see and communicate with dead people so he has that going for him. He works feverishly to help the spirits of New York City settle their unfinished business.
4. The Wrong Mans (2 seasons, 10 episodes so far)- Phil and Sam have incredibly bad luck for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The show (and their trouble) begins when Sam answers a cell phone he finds by the side of the road. The show’s dry humor and crazy plot twists will keep you coming back for more.
5. A Moody Christmas (1 season, 6 episodes in all)- Ok, technically not a Hulu original but it is the only place you will be able to watch this Australian comedy series in the states. This short series follows the dysfunctional Moody family as they gather once a year for six years at Christmas time. Unlike your own dysfuntioncal family holidays, you will be sad to see this comedy come to an end… but never fear! A spin-off series simply called “The Moodys” is said to be in the works.
What is your favorite Hulu original show? Have you seen any of these yet?
Disclosure: This post contains referall links for Hulu Plus. That means a free Hulu for you and free Hulu for me. Life is good. Thanks!